Monday, October 1, 2007

House/Kid Sitting

Well, first I'd like to start by saying thank you to everyone who has left such sweet comments for me about my Papa...Jarred and I are going to Montgomery in 2 weekends to see them so I'll fill you in more after that trip. Please continue to keep them in your prayers...



So the past 5 days have been VERY interesting...Jarred and I have been playing Mom and Dad for three kids at church while their parents went to Colorado for some R & R! We really enjoyed it but it definitely was an eye opener! I mean we went from just the two of us to having 3 kids quick!! It was fun to stay at their house, which was awesome & now my dream home, and I enjoyed pretending I was "Mom" for a couple of days. We had two girls and a boy (9th grade, 7th grade, & 3rd grade). So our responsibilities were to make sure the kids got to all their functions (volleyball games, babysitting clinic, birthday parties, etc.) and make sure they got fed, did their homework, went to bed at a decent hour, etc. I gained so much more respect for my parents from this weekend. I mean these are really awesome kids and they are pretty self sufficient but it was still crazy! I mean I don't know how my parents did it with the three of us...they both worked and still were able to come to all our of games, practices, plays, etc. They even acted well rested the next day for the most part. Sunday afternoon I was SO tired and worn out and I really didn't do that much! Jarred helped out a ton b/c he's great w/ kids and so the 3rd grade boy LOVED him. Jarred's got a great sense of humor and he's got a crazy imagination, kind of like he's still in 3rd grade himself. So at night after homework was done he would play legos w/ him...they even recorded some silly stories they made up with the legos and the kids thought it was hilarious...well Jarred went to the Hogs game (YAY, we finally won!!!) on Saturday w/ 3 boys from Silver City Church, the oldest girl went to her volleyball tournament, and the middle girl went to a babysitting clinic so it was just me and the little boy for most of the day on Saturday. That poor child...I'm not as good or creative as Jarred is with him. I mean I tried but it just didn't work out so good!! He wanted to record another lego story (about Star Wars, which I have NEVER seen) and in his words..."It was a complete failure!!" He was nice about it but I could tell I was NO fun at all!!! Needless to say when Jarred was back with us he was on Cloud 9!!! I relate much better with the girls! Anyways, you'll be glad to know that Jarred & I still want kids one day just not now!! We are enjoying our alone time too much! Plus, I get to keep my friends babies pretty often so I live vicariously through them every once in a while, and for now, that's enough for me!!

6 comments:

Amanda said...

Jenn, You guys are so great. I really admire how you have gotten involved with the teens and silver city. You guys are such great examples to them all. And, I am still waiting for that day for Baby Crow to go on the board.
Amanda

Jennifer Crow said...

Thank you so much Amanda...that's so sweet! Well, you may have to wait a while for Baby Crow!! I do like the sound of that though!

Dahls said...

I am fine with you just wanted to keep your friend's babies. Just kidding. I want to be pregnant with you next time. Amanda was right. You guys are such good examples.

Jennifer Crow said...

Thanks Shelly- you're so sweet!! Hopefully that will work out to be pregnant together next time...depends on how long you're going to wait for #2!! It would be so AWESOME though!!! You and Amanda are pretty good examples yourselves!! I love you both!

Jennifer Crow said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Little Rock Real Estate said...

wow, i got two comments on there. I must be pretty cool,huh?

shelly