Tuesday, October 16, 2007
Most of you know already but for those that don't we got the news yesterday that Papa had gone on to be with the Lord. It was incredible how fast it happened from when I was with him to the time we got the news yesterday. Saturday, when we were there, I remember talking with Mimi and Mom about how we thought he could live like this for a while, we knew he didn't want to but he seemed so content that we thought he would. Apparently with all the pain medication that he was on it was masking how bad he really was. By Sunday afternoon Papa had been put on liquid morphine (which I'm told is the most pain medication you can be on) and he became non-responsive as well. Hospice came in that afternoon and told everyone that it would be within 1-2 days. Although Papa was non-responsive Hospice assured us that he could still hear. About an hour before he died my Uncle Chris sang hymns to him. Mimi came in after Chris had finished to sit with Papa, she noticed that his breathing had changed and called my Mom in the room. Just before Papa breathed his last breath Mom and Uncle Chris both assured him that Mimi was going to be okay and that they were going to take very good care of her. After hearing this and that they both loved him very much Papa breathed his last breath and went on to be with the Lord. We had been praying after I left (After my visit, all the grandchildren had been able to see Papa and talk to him one last time) that God would take Papa home as soon as he could. God really does answer prayers. Mom, Mimi, & Chris are all very sad but they are also relieved that Papa is now in a better place. They are going to have a family viewing on Thursday morning and then the funeral will follow Thursday afternoon. We appreciate all your thoughts and prayers so much. I wouldn't have been able to get through this without all of you! I've really been strengthened throughout the entire process. God is working through my family and friends and I've been so blessed because of it. Thank you all.
Thursday, October 11, 2007
Announcing the starters at Sunday's game. Jay is the second from the end of the white jersey's!
This is my Mom and Jarred. Jarred is cracking me up in this picture...he never really smiles but I got him on this one! He's cheesin big time!!This is my Dad.
Michael and Kaitlin (at the time of this picture they were dating, at the time of this post they are no longer dating...they were cute huh??)Action shots...I totally need a new camera...I can't get it to zoom in enough and it's just old! Jay's #20 in the middle.
Friday, October 5, 2007
So here it goes:
1. Who is your man? Jarred Crow
2. How long have you been together? Married a little over 3 years, dated 2 1/2 before that!
3. How long dated? 2 1/2 years (engaged 1 year of that)
4. How old is your man? 26
5. Who eats more? I guess Jarred but I'm a good eater myself!
6. Who said "I love you" first? ME
7. Who's taller? Jarred
8. Who sings better? I think we both sing pretty good, Jarred would say me though
9. Who is smarter? OH no question, that's definitely Jarred
10. Whose temper is worse? No question again, that's definitely Me
11. Who does the laundry? Me
12. Who takes out the garbage? Mostly Jarred but I do it occaisonally
13. Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? Jarred, I'm the same as Amanda, don't like to sleep by the door
14. Who pays the bills? I do
15. Who is better with the computer? Jarred
16. Who mows the lawn? Both of us, lately it's been me
17. Who cooks dinner? I do
18. Who drives when you are together? Jarred but he hates it b/c I'm a passenger seat driver...sorry honey!
19. Who pays when you go out? It's been me now b/c we're doing the envelope system and I have the envelopes!
20. Who is most stubborn? Oh that's me again
21. Who is the first to admit when they are wrong? Jarred
22. Whose parents do you see the most? Well, it probably should be Jarred's since they aren't far away but it's mine b/c all three of the kids are in Arkansas
23. Who kissed who first? Jarred kissed me! Wouldn't have been me, I was terrified...he was my first "real" kiss! :)
24. Who asked who out? Jarred asked me out
25. Who proposed? Jarred did and it was great!
26. Who is more sensitive? Me, I cry kind of a lot!
27. Who has more friends? Since we've been married we have a lot of the same friends
28. Who has more siblings? Jarred
29. Who wears the pants in the family? Jarred (most of the time! :))
Thanks Amanda! I will now tag The Blands and Jeni! Enjoy girls! You have one week to complete. Hah!
Monday, October 1, 2007
So the past 5 days have been VERY interesting...Jarred and I have been playing Mom and Dad for three kids at church while their parents went to Colorado for some R & R! We really enjoyed it but it definitely was an eye opener! I mean we went from just the two of us to having 3 kids quick!! It was fun to stay at their house, which was awesome & now my dream home, and I enjoyed pretending I was "Mom" for a couple of days. We had two girls and a boy (9th grade, 7th grade, & 3rd grade). So our responsibilities were to make sure the kids got to all their functions (volleyball games, babysitting clinic, birthday parties, etc.) and make sure they got fed, did their homework, went to bed at a decent hour, etc. I gained so much more respect for my parents from this weekend. I mean these are really awesome kids and they are pretty self sufficient but it was still crazy! I mean I don't know how my parents did it with the three of us...they both worked and still were able to come to all our of games, practices, plays, etc. They even acted well rested the next day for the most part. Sunday afternoon I was SO tired and worn out and I really didn't do that much! Jarred helped out a ton b/c he's great w/ kids and so the 3rd grade boy LOVED him. Jarred's got a great sense of humor and he's got a crazy imagination, kind of like he's still in 3rd grade himself. So at night after homework was done he would play legos w/ him...they even recorded some silly stories they made up with the legos and the kids thought it was hilarious...well Jarred went to the Hogs game (YAY, we finally won!!!) on Saturday w/ 3 boys from Silver City Church, the oldest girl went to her volleyball tournament, and the middle girl went to a babysitting clinic so it was just me and the little boy for most of the day on Saturday. That poor child...I'm not as good or creative as Jarred is with him. I mean I tried but it just didn't work out so good!! He wanted to record another lego story (about Star Wars, which I have NEVER seen) and in his words..."It was a complete failure!!" He was nice about it but I could tell I was NO fun at all!!! Needless to say when Jarred was back with us he was on Cloud 9!!! I relate much better with the girls! Anyways, you'll be glad to know that Jarred & I still want kids one day just not now!! We are enjoying our alone time too much! Plus, I get to keep my friends babies pretty often so I live vicariously through them every once in a while, and for now, that's enough for me!!