Thursday, October 11, 2007

Last Weekend

Well this is long overdue but I wanted to put pictures w/ this posts and I've just remembered to load them on the computer so here you go...

Last weekend my parents came to town to see all their kids! It was a much needed weekend for my mom, who has been extremely stressed lately with the "stuff" going on with my Papa. My youngest brother plays soccer for Harding and he had two games this weekend so it was the perfect weekend to come! Friday night I went up to Searcy (without Jarred b/c he had to work late) and met up w/ Mom and Dad out at my in-laws house for dinner. I didn't get to their house until 7:00 (Jay's game was supposed to start at 7:30) so Mom and Dad had already eaten and they basically gave me a hug and ran out the door to Jay's game. I stayed and ate a burger (My father-in-law makes the world's best burgers!!) w/ my in-laws and once I finished I went on to Jay's game. It was such a great game, Harding lost in the last 9 minutes 1-0. Of course, I think this was the coaches fault b/c he pulled Jay out w/ 20 minutes left in the game b/c of a slide tackle that he didn't think Jay needed to do and then w/ 9 minutes left the guy Jay had been guarding the entire game scores their ONLY goal!! Stinks, I know! Anyways, that night I stayed in Searcy at the in-laws house w/ my parents. That was a lot of fun to have both sets of parents together. I really enjoyed it!

Saturday morning I woke up WAY TOO EARLY for a Saturday and went apartment hunting for my brothers with the entire family! Dad took us to Burger King, of course, it's his favorite place to eat! Then after looking at my brothers top 3 apartments Mom, Dad, & I headed for Little Rock to go out to my house! They helped me design what I want my landscaping to be around the house. We've been struggling with this since we moved in, now we're just waiting for some money to fall in our laps so we can afford to do it!! Hopefully we'll be able to have most of it done by next Spring, we'll cross our fingers! Anyways, that night I went to watch the HOGS play w/ Jarred while Mom and Dad hung out w/ Michael and his now (as of Sunday night) ex-girlfriend. The Hogs game was definitely a waste of our time! The only good part was that it was our nephew's first college football game to go to (He's 5) and it was histerical watching him. I think at halftime we were up like 17-9 and Dawson came up and sat on Jarred's lap for a while and told him all about how we were "Killin them!!" Seriously, he's a hoot!!

Sunday I did an amazing thing...something that never happens at the Crow house, at least not for me...I woke up at 6:10 and went running w/ my Dad over the River bridge...it was great but oh my goodness it was early!! I'm not what you call a morning person AT ALL! I mean you can ask those closest to me, I prefer the night hours!! My college roommate and I had a deal where she didn't talk to me in the mornings until we were on our way to chapel and we DID NOT turn the lights on for at least 30 minutes after we got up!! It worked quite well. Jarred doesn't have very much sympathy in this area...he always tells me (much like my parents) that it's just a choice whether or not I'm going to be happy in the mornings...so, being the sweet husband he is, he go around turning lights on in the mornings just to aggravate me!! He seems to think this is funny...I do not! So after we went running, which I must say was an excellent start to the day, maybe I should do this more often...I'll let you know if this happens, we got ready and went to church! I was so bummed b/c Jerome wasn't there on Sunday, not that I didn't enjoy the singing but Mom and Dad hadn't been there to experience Jerome before I was so excited...OH well, next time!! After lunch we drove to Searcy, yet again, and went to Jay's other soccer game. Jarred and I made a stop at the hospital to see his Mammaw for about an hour and a half then went over to Jay's game. Mammaw is doing great and it was such an encouragement to go see her! Well, that's about all my weekend, we got to see about an hour of Jay's game then had to get back b/c we both do Platoons w/ the youth group on Sunday nights. I'll tell you all about that some other time...anyways, keep praying for Papa, Jarred and I are going this weekend to see him so I'll have more news on that next week! Thanks for all the comments and prayers...Here are some pictures from our weekend w/ the fam.



Announcing the starters at Sunday's game. Jay is the second from the end of the white jersey's!








This is my Mom and Jarred. Jarred is cracking me up in this picture...he never really smiles but I got him on this one! He's cheesin big time!!

This is my Dad.


Michael and Kaitlin (at the time of this picture they were dating, at the time of this post they are no longer dating...they were cute huh??)

Action shots...I totally need a new camera...I can't get it to zoom in enough and it's just old! Jay's #20 in the middle.

1 comment:

Matt and Rachel said...

Looks like you had a fun weekend! Keep blogging!