Thursday, October 7, 2010

Soup Season!

I am SO excited that Fall is here and cooler temperatures are upon us! I am especially excited about this because it's time to start making SOUPS! I have so many soup recipes and I can't wait to make them all. Soups are so easy because I can put (some of them) them together the night before and just leave them in the crock pot all day while I'm at work! The best part of that is that when I get home there is NOTHING to be done except EAT! I LOVE to cook so it's not that much of a hassle to cook when I get home but there are always days when that's the LAST thing I want to do. Soups make that easier...I'm going to try to post a soup recipe every week in October. Here's the first...this one is also figure friendly (if you leave off the sour cream and chips!)

TACO SOUP

1 lb. ground beef
½ or 1 onion chopped
1 pkg. taco seasoning mix
1 pkg. ranch salad dressing mix
1 can corn
1 can kidney beans (I prefer southern ranch style beans)
1 can black beans
1 can chili beans
1 can chopped tomato (rotel)

Cook on stove or in crock pot. Serve with Sour Cream, Tortilla Chips, & Cheese.

I put it all in the crock pot the night before and then put the pot in the crock pot holder in the morning before I leave for work. I cook it on low all day and it's WONDERFUL. ENJOY!

~Jennifer

3 comments:

Lana Summitt said...

YUMMY!!! Sounds delicious!

Carissa said...

Yum Yum Yum. This soup is SOOOOOO good. Thanks for posting the recipe.

Courtney said...

I'm liking this recipe per week thing ... maybe I'll just stay one week behind the Crows and then at least I'll have one meal planned!