Monday, September 27, 2010

Last Weekend!

Jarred and I had a great weekend! My family came to town and we had a great visit! Here are some highlights!

1. Friday night we went on a DATE before my parents arrived! Jarred took me to Panera Bread (one of my all time favorites and a place I don't get to very often b/c we live so far away now!!) then to Orange Leaf for frozen yogurt! YUM!

2. Mom and Dad arrived and we planned our Saturday (heading to the HOGS game!)

3. We pulled out of the driveway at 7:15 AM and hit the road for Fayetteville...we got to watch the basketball team scrimmage, then went to tailgate w/ some folks from Jarred's work. They teamed up with some other businesses from Sheridan and had it catered! We had fajitas and chips and salsa, YUM!!

4. The HOGS played great and had the lead for MOST of the game...the crowd was FANTASTIC...loudest I've ever heard the crowd at that stadium. We were on our feet the ENTIRE game. When we scored on our first drive of the game the place went NUTS!! I truly thought we were gonna pull it out but we threw it away during the last minutes (literally!!). It was heartbreaking! Jarred and I stood frozen in place after it was over- in SHOCK! We almost beat the #1 team in the nation...way to go HOGS for putting up a good fight...I'm SO SAD we couldn't pull it out!!

5. The drive home we stuck GLEE into the DVD player and Mom and I watched (she needed to catch up from last season) and made the drive home go faster! I wasn't feeling GREAT so I fell asleep in Mom's lap and that made the drive go even FASTER!

6. My brothers and my sister in law came over Saturday night to spend the night and go to church with us on Sunday. I LOVE having my entire family together. We missed having Sierra with us but had a great time. We went to Moe's after class and then back to the house to play with the dogs, relax, look at houses (for my brother and his wife), and finish up some projects around my house (new air filters, sealing the door frames, replacing light bulbs, etc.). Mom and Dad had to head home around 3:00.

7. After church last night we all went to Wal-Mart to buy some meat to grill for dinner. My youngest brother, Jay, grilled us all some fabulous steaks and we had a GREAT healthy meal! I made mashed sweet potatoes and Kaitlin made a big salad to go with the steaks! It was a fun time. Jay spent the night with us again b/c my brothers are starting their first job today. They have started a business (Skinner Brothers) and hopefully it's going to take off for them. They can do landscaping, sprinkler systems, home repairs and projects, decks, etc...they do GREAT work and they are HARD workers!! You should give them a call if you're interested in hiring them! They've both been doing landscaping/sprinkler systems since they were little! Call 501-593-9844 for a quote today!!

Well, that's all for now! Have a fun week!

~Jennifer

2 comments:

Carissa said...

Well we definitely want them. We're overhauling this dang weed patch posing as a front garden!

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you are posting again, I love reading everything you write! It sounds like you have such a neat family. If your brothers worked in our area they would certainly get some business from us!!

Hoping for another get together in the near future and keeping ya'll in my prayers. Much love to ya girl!!