Monday, September 20, 2010

Labor Day 2010


This past Labor Day we had our first Butterworth Family Reunion! This is my mom's side of the family and for some reason we've just never had a big family trip or anything on that side of the family. My Dad's side goes to the beach EVERY summer. So, we decided it was time for a change and that we'd all like to start getting together every year! This year my mom took the lead on picking the place and making all the arrangements! She did an excellent job. We went to Smith Lake in Cullman, AL (or maybe outside of Cullman, AL) and stayed at a Lake House that is owned by a family from Mom and Dad's church. It's called A Slough of Fun if you ever want to check it out for yourselves! See the pictures below. It was really nice and sleeps about 12-14 comfortably...My Mimi (mom's mom) graciously paid for the accommodations and told us that her only requirement would be that we had to do some Good Eatin!! SO...my uncle Chris & aunt Susie took breakfast and dinner on Saturday and I took lunch and my Mom took breakfast and dinner on Sunday and my cousin, Annie took lunch. Let me tell ya...we did some GOOD EATIN! My uncle Chris and my Mom know how to do it! They learned from the best, my Mimi!! The house was right on the lake so we played in the water, some of us went canoeing, we had our church service on Sunday out of the dock (best worship service EVER!!), we read, sat around and solved all the world's problems, played games, and had a fabulous time! We've already decided we'd like to make this a tradition and plan a trip next year! The ball was handed off to Aunt Susie and she's gonna make it happen! All in all it was a great trip and here are some pictures for you too all the fun we had!






My beautiful MimiUncle Chris & Aunt Susie My Dad acting silly as usual! :)Annie doing what she loves most!
Jay & Sierra
Mom & Dad
Uncle Chris & Aunt SusieAll the women, except Mom (she's taking the picture)Butterworth crew minus Chet plus Jordan! Butterworth kids with their momma! Me & Jarred
Skinner crew minus Michael, Kaitlin, Jay, & Sierra plus Mimi!!Butterworth women!All the Butterworth womenButterworth crew!

Mom & Dad
Jones's (Joneses???) No clue- Annie help me out...
Cousins!!!
As you can see I FINALLY remembered my camera and went a little crazy! This isn't even all of my pictures! Enjoy!
~Jennifer

2 comments:

Lana Summitt said...

Looks like fun! Love the pic of you and Jarred!

Annie said...

I can't believe you beat me to blogging about this! :) I'm still waiting for Mom to give me her pictures... Love you and loved that weekend!