Thursday, September 20, 2007

Please Pray...

We found out on Monday of this week that my Papa, my mom's dad, has been diagnosed w/ lung cancer and it has spread to his liver and his adrenal gland. At this point we aren't sure what the treatment options are b/c they aren't sure as to what kind of cancer it is. They did a biopsy yesterday and we're hoping to get those results back later this afternoon. Please pray that it is a type of cancer that can be treated and that Papa will be determined to beat it. Please pray for my Mimi (his wife) and my Mom and uncle Chris as they are down in Montgomery now with him. Please pray that God will bless them all with strength and peace of mind. To be honest, when we found out it came as quite a shock b/c at the time we all thought he had pneumonia. I took the news pretty hard at first but since then I've been thankful that God is giving me a peace about this situation. Papa is a godly man and I know that if anything were to happen to him he'd be in Heaven receiving his reward.
I want to thank my Life Group for having a special prayer for Papa last night. It meant a lot to me and I know my family appreciates it as well. God has surrounded Jarred and I with wonderful people and I'm so thankful for that. I'll keep you all posted with more news as we receive it. Thanks again to everyone for praying!!

No comments: