As Thanksgiving is quickly approaching I'm going to make a list of the top 10 things I'm most thankful for...just to keep things in perspective! :)
1. My Heavenly Father and the gift He has given us so that one day we'll be able to be with Him in Heaven!
2. My Wonderful Husband and how as we grow in our marriage we begin to learn more and more about each other on a daily basis. We KNOW each other so well and I'm thankful for that.
3. My Family- this includes my parents, brothers, sister-in-law, aunts, uncles, cousins, grandparents, etc. I have THE BEST family around. We all get along, we all love each other, we actually enjoy being together! I'm so thankful!
4. My In-Law Family- I actually enjoy Jarred's family too! I know this is unheard of but I really do. His parents are THE BEST as well and they treat me like I'm their own daughter. It's a wonderful relationship and I realize that's not something everyone can say so I'm thankful!
5. My Friends- Once again, I have THE BEST friends around. I have always known this but it's become more apparent to me lately. As I've been struggling with my own issues my friends have rallied around me and lifted me up in prayer. They are all so special to me and I'm thankful for them!
6. My Job- I really do like my job. It fits me. I have 2 amazing bosses that I really enjoy. One of my bosses I consider to me one of my best friends! She is like another mom to me and it's nice to have that when my Mom is far away! We like to call her and her husband our Little Rock parents!
7. My Home- I'm thankful that Jarred and I have been blessed with a home that is big enough to allow us to help our family. I'm posted about this earlier but we've been able to have my brother and his wife live with us since July. I'm thankful that we've been blessed and are able to share those blessings.
8. My Church Home- I'm thankful for PVCC because we've been blessed to be VERY involved. We've been given opportunities through PVCC that we may not have had elsewhere. Jarred and I were given the opportunity to work with an inner city school in NLR and have been blessed bc of it. I'm so thankful that someone saw something in us to allow us to have that blessing!
9. My Upbringing- Too often I get jealous of people that came to Christ on their own accord. I say things like, Man, that is impressive! They have such a better story than I do. What am I saying??? I grew up in the church and should be thankful that I did. I take that for granted too often! We all have a story and I shouldn't be ashamed of mine.
10. My Future- I don't know what the future holds for Jarred and I but I know that God has great things in store for us. I know that He will guide us. Whatever is next for us I wait for it with anticipation! Just like the song- While I'm waiting I will trust you Lord!
What are you thankful for this Thanksgiving????