Monday, January 11, 2010

Family Weekend

Jarred and I had a fun, relaxing weekend. Mom and Dad came down for my sister-n-law's basketball game at Harding. It was their first conference game so it was a good one to come to. We got to hang out with some great friends of ours, Zach & Emily Cheatham, on Friday night before Mom and Dad arrived. We had a great time w/ the Cheatham's, ate some good pizza and watched one of the Harry Potter movies! I think it was the 3rd one (Prisoner of Azkaban). Zach and Emily are watching them all so we decided to join them for one. I am a huge Harry Potter fan...I've read all 7 books twice now.

Mom and Dad arrived around 11:15ish so we stayed up talking to them a little and then we all crashed! Side Note: We are currently teaching our dogs to stay on their bed when they come inside. As you probably can guess, they aren't trained very well. That was a big mistake we have now learned from. So, since we have delinquent dogs (whom I love VERY MUCH even though they aren't very smart) we are trying to be better dog owners. Anyways, I bought them this really big bed from Sam's (only $21) and they are really doing such a great job. Since it's been so cold Jarred has graciously let them sleep inside the past couple of nights...if you know Jarred you will know this is a HUGE deal. Anyways, it takes the dogs a while to actually go to the bed but once we get them there they will stay...at least for a while. Yesterday mom and I were cleaning the kitchen and the dogs stayed on the bed the ENTIRE TIME!! This is a big deal b/c it wasn't just a "put the dishes in the dishwasher" kind of cleaning, it was a deep cleaning! We cleaned the oven, stove, microwave, everything!! Mom is very serious about her cleaning, she does a great job! I really appreciate her helping me with this! She did WAY more of the work than I did. Anyways, that was very random but I needed to say that my dogs are slowly become smarter (I'm sure of it) and my husband is being so nice to let them stay inside...it's so cold! So, I'm grateful!

Anyways, back to my story...Saturday morning Dad and I had planned to run. We're both training for the half marathon in March. Remember in my last post I said that we did a triathlon together? Well now we've moved on the half. I've NEVER been a runner and before I started training I think 4 miles was the farthest I'd ever run, in my entire life. So, now I'm up to 8 miles. Saturday Dad and I ran 8 miles. This was the second time I'd done 8 and I felt much better this time than I did last time. I don't know if any of you remember Saturday but it was COLD! I was so proud of us for doing it, even with it being so cold. Unfortunately now I have a cough (probably b/c it was so stinkin cold) but it was still worth it. Hopefully I won't get sick.

Mom and Dad left around mid-afternoon to head to Searcy to watch the Harding basketball game and Jarred and I stayed home to be lazy and just enjoy not doing anything for one night. We did have a visitor come over to watch the Cowboys game with us but since we were at home it didn't feel like we had anything going on. Last week was jam-packed so we needed a night of nothing. I am playing in a women's volleyball league on Tuesday nights and Jarred is coaching an Upward basketball team (senior high boys) on Thursday nights.

Sunday was a good day of being with our church family and my parents. I made dinner for us so after church we came home for lunch. We've been trying to eat at home more to save money! I really love to cook so that has worked out pretty well for me. I made Chicken & Broccoli Divan with Baked Potatoes and a Caesar Salad with Garlic Bread. It was really good, if I do say so myself! :) Anyways, after Mom and I (mostly Mom) deep cleaned my kitchen appliances they had to hit the road. We had a really good visit!

Jarred and I went to Sunday night church after that. I teach the 10th grade girls Platoons group. I have been with these girls since they were 7th graders...I can't believe they are in 10th grade now and I REALLY can't believe that some of them are driving now...man, things have changed since they were in 7th grade. I have really grown close to them and I will be so sad when they graduate! Anyways, enough of that mushy stuff...after church we got to hang out with some of our other great friends, Chris & Carissa Casey! We love having them so close to us and have enjoyed growing our friendship SO MUCH! Anyways, that's basically what the Crow's did this weekend...I'm trying to keep this blogging going...sorry no pictures! I know that's the fun part!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Jennifer-
I'm so glad you're posting again! I had found your blog a long while back (probably off of Facebook), but I gave up on you and stopped checking when you were never posting! :) I stuck your blog address in my google reader just in case you ever came back. It was a nice suprise when a post popped up from you the other day. It's good to hear how you guys are doing. We'll definitely be praying for Jarred's job.

Keep it up!